Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thanks for Being Mine - a Valentine Card

Yesterday, when I was set up at the local hospital, a school teacher saw the heart cup treats that I had made (even though the heart cups have been retired), and she ordered 60 for her students.  At first I was in a quandry, because I didn't think I had 60 heart cups.  But a good customer of mine had 3 boxes and with my 3 I had enough.  So, I started cutting the various paper pieces, including the DSP, and not wanting to waste anything, I made a card using the remnants.
Here is what I came up with:





The Real Red cardstock that I had left over - just strips of it really, but it was wide enough to use the 1" square punch on, so I punched 12, but used 9 on this card.  The remainder will be used inside the card.
Then, using the small curly label punch, I punched the same number from the remnants of the DSP, and attached them to the Real Red squares.
However, a Valentine card has to have bling, so using the Itty bitty heart punch, out came the Red Glimmer paper, and I happily punched 12 glittery red hearts.  Some were attached to the DSP with tombo glue, but about 4 of them were attached using dimensionals.
I did the same attaching the now completed squares - some glued directly onto the Whisper White card stock, and some attached with dimensionals.  I alternated.

The sentiment is from "Love you to the Moon" (retired)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: