Monday, January 19, 2015

Kleenex Holder with the Owl Punch

On Wednesday I set up at the local hospital again, so today I spent some time making Get Well cards, and this cute little box that holds tissues (kleenex).  I used the tutorial from here  It's a great tutorial, but you do need to have a ruler, or be familiar with the metric system as the measurements are in cm's.

The box itself is made using Rich Razzelberry cardstock.  The designer paper is retired, but goes so well with the cardstock I couldn't resist.
The nurse is made using the Owl punch.  The nurses cap is made using a 1" circle punch, with the center punched out a bit and the ends cut into wings.  The cross is made using  two small 5 petal flowers.  The flower petals were removed and the 2 centers were crossed over each other  to form the red cross.
The sentiment is from "A Dozen Thoughts"


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


I made 4 of these today - 2 for ladies, and 2 for gentlemen.  For the guys, instead of a nurse owl, I made the owl into a doctor with a stethoscope around his neck and holding a chart.

No comments: