Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy Birthday Using the Lotus Blossom

This card is made as a special request from a staff member of the local hospital where I set up my table every 2 weeks.  She wanted a birthday card for her daughter, but could not give me too many specifics as to what she was looking for.  So, I put something together, and I hope she will like it.
I started by triple stamping the Lotus flower from the SAB Lotus blossom stamp using the following colours:  Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride.  The flowers were then cut out.

The Memories fun Frame was embossed and cut out, and using the Stamp-a-ma-jig stamped the sentiment in the middle of it, using Melon Mambo ink.  This frame was matted with gold foil paper.

The basic card is Coastal Cabana cardstock, layered with Whisper white and then Gold Soiree DSP.
Before adhering the Whisper white and DSP layer to the Coastal Cabana  cardstock a piece of  1/4 " Coastal Cabana ribbon (SAB)  from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack was attached near the bottom.

The Memories Fun Frame was adhered near the top of the card, and the lotus blosom flowers added below the frame.  Dazzling details was added to the edges of each of the flowers.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments: