Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Boys will be boys - Technostamper #351

My grandson's birthday is one day after Valentine's day, although this is not the card I am sending him.   Mark is a very talented hockey player and plays for 2 teams.  He lives, eats, and breathes hockey, so if I didn't make a hockey card he won't even look at it.  Of course I made him a card with that sport on it!!
However, I was inspired to make some other children's cards.
Today I used the sketch with Technostamper here to make my first of many children's card (I hope)
I use the stamp set :"Boys will be Boys"

 
 
I wanted to use mainly primary colours for this card, so after stamping the image with Memto ink, it was coloured with yellows, blues, greens and reds (blendabilities)
The corners of the image panel were rounded using the corner rounder punch, and added to a Night of Navy striped DSP from the Painted Petals pack.
The sentiment was black embossed on vellum.  I chose vellum so that the image behind would not be hidden.  It is attached using glue dots, and I use brights candy dots to hide these dots.

At the bottom,  a piece of black chevron ribbon is wrapped.

 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

MJ said...

Really cut Maria, I love the sentiment on the velum. Great look, this a such a fun set for young boys. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge again this week!