Monday, December 22, 2014

Our Friendship - The Friday Mashup #190


I think I've had enough of Christmas cards, and besides, I'm itching to play with the new stuff.  The stamp set I am using for the challenge with The Friday Mashup here is a sneak preview of what you could get free during Sale-a-bration(January 6) when you purchase $60 worth of products from the regular or Occasions catalogue.  It is called "A Happy Thing".  I'm also using some of the new blendability colours from the Occasions catalogue which also comes out January 6

The challenge with The Friday Mashup this week is to "Keep it Simple". There is a sketch but in addition to the sketch the challenge is to use only the sketch that's 2 layers or use 2 layers with a grungy element in the background.

For my card, I put the sketch on it's side.

 


 Using the "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set and Calypso Coral ink, I randomy stamped onto the background of the front of the Calypso Coral card base.

I then stamped the image on a 2 3/4 by 2 5/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock using black Memento ink.  It was coloured using blendabilities, and when I was finished, I stamped some grunge on the background with Calypso Coral ink.  The edges of the image were sponged with Chocolate Chip ink and a sponge dauber.

Dimensionals were used to adhere the image to the front of the card base, just off center.  The sentiment was stamped using Bermuda Bay ink, made into a banner, and adhered to the card front on one side with a glue dot, and the other with half a dimensional.

Of course a card has to have bling, so some rhinestones were added randomly to the card base.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Tip:  Use half of a dimensional rather than a whole one and your dimensionals will go further.

P.S.  I think this bird might be a Cuban Toby (saw it on Pinterest)

1 comment:

Avery Murphy said...

Great take on the sketch! I love how you added grunge to your bird layer as well!

Thank you for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!