Today I'm relaxing, making some cards, organizing my retired DSP, and generally enjoying myself.
I wanted to make a Get Well card, because I just heard that a friend of mine in Newfoundland is in the hospital after suffering a stroke.
The card I just finished is for the Pal Paper Arts challenge here I used some of the new DSP in the Occasions catalogue, a Hostess Stamp set, and new blendabilities colours (all of which will be available Jan. 6, 2015)
Here's how I made the card:
- Start with a Sky Blue card base 8 1/2 by 5 1/2, scoring at 4 1/4 to make an A2 card
- Layer with a piece of 4 by 5 1/2" piece of DSP - in this case "Best Year Ever"
- On a 3 5/8 by 4 3/4" piece of Whisper white cardstock, stamp the image using Black Memento ink.
- Colour the image with blendabilities - Pink Pirouette, Sky Blue, Wild Wasabi
- Mat this with a 3 1/2 by 4 7/8" piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock.
- Adhere a 1 1/8 by 3 1/2" of DSP to a 3 by 1 1/4" piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock.
- Attach Pink Pirouette chevron ribbon to the center of this piece. With the left over piece, tie a piece of Baker's twine in the middle and tie tightly. Attach to the middle of the ribbon with a glue dot.
- Adhere this strip to the left side of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment on a 2 by 1/2" piece of Whisper White, and attach to a 2 by 3/4" piece of Soft sky. Attach to the card.
- Punch 3 arrows of 3 different colours using the Pennant punch and attach to the end of the sentiment strip.
- Using the small heart punch, punch a piece of the DSP and adhere to the Itty Bitty Accents Eposxy Stickers. Attach this to the farthest arrow with a glue dot.
- Put some glitter in the middle of the flowers.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
I also used the following products not available until Jan. 6
I Like You - Hostess set, Best Year Ever DSP, Epoxy stickers, Blendabilities: Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Bermuda Bay