Now that my craft shows are done I can finally participate in some challenges, something I haven't done in quite some time.
This card was made for the Technostamper challenge 343 here and I thought I would combine it with the challenge with the LNS group the theme of which is December - Christmas.
At first I wasn't sure what I would do with this sketch as it's been a while, but a jolt of caffeine got my gray matter going and I proceeded to put the card together.
The image of the cardinal from "Beauty of the Season" on a piece of whisper White cardstock and die cut it using the Star Framelit. I moved the framelit around a bit until I had the image in the position I wanted.
I coloured the image with blendabilites, and sponged the sky with Soft Sky and Marina Mist ink using sponge daubers. A basic black marker was used on the area around the beak, and the eye highlighted with a white gel pen. I also used the white gel pen to place some snowflakes in the sky and snow on the branches. The berries were coloured with the cherry cobbler blendability after which I applied Cherry cobbler Dazzling details. To make the star stand out a bit better, I sponged the edges with Marina Mist ink.
The ovals were die cut using two sizes of the Ovals framelits - the smaller one in Whisper White, and the matting one with Cherry Cobbler card stock. The whisper White one was embossed with the Lucky Stars embossing folder.
The basic card is Cherry Cobbler, layered with Whisper White and then Trim the Tree DSP.
The ovals were adhered together. I then made a double circle of Linen thread which I adhered in strategic places with a glue dot.
The image star was then attached to the oval unit at the left side over the twine circle using dimensionals. It was then that I attached some in color sequin embellishments using a tiny daub of Tombo glue. A small rhinestone was attached to the top of the sequin.
The sentiment is from "Good Greetings", stamped on Whisper White, matted with Cherry Cobbler, notched at both ends, and then curved in the middle using a bone folder. After bringing both ends up with the bone folder as well, it was attached to the card using glue dots.