Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Paper Bows using the Envelope Punch board and a strip of designer paper

 Isn't it great how versatile the envelope punch board is?  It's not just for making envelopes!!  I am constantly amazed at what demonstrators have come up with using this unique little board.
When I saw paper bows being made using this board, I just had to make some.
So, I spent the morning making paper bows using the envelope punch board - then made flowers for the center of each bow.  The bow is a great way to use up retired designer paper( I used last year's Christmas paper ) and the flower is a great way to use up scraps of card stock.

I used a video tutorial I found on Pinterest here





I made 3 sizes - small, medium and large.
The flowers were made using the  1 1/4"  scallop circle punch for the medium and large bows, and the  7/8"  scallop circle punch for the small bows.  Each flower sits on an Old Olive scallop circle made using the  1 1/4"  scallop circle punch.

This is the large bow. Start with a piece of designer paper 1 1/2 by 10".
For each flower I punched 4 scallop circles in Cherry Cobbler card stock, and 1 Scallop circle for the base of the flower.  All four flower scallops are placed on a paper towel and lightly spritzed with water.  Then each scallop was scrunched up and left to sit for a minute or so.  Then, very carefully each scallop was unfurled, stacked,  a hole poked in the middle and a small brad inserted in the hole.  Each layer was then scrunched up one by one and then unfurled  one by one until  I had the size and shape I wanted.  I spritzed each flower with Vanilla spritz and set them aside to dry before placing them on the bow.
Using paper snips, I made small slits between every second scallop of the Old Olive scallop punchie. Then using the end of a paint brush the 2 scallops were curled and shaped.
The flower was attached to the base and then to the bow using a hot glue gun.
This is the medium bow. Start with a piece of designer paper 1 by 10",

This is the small bow.  Start with a piece of designer paper 1 by 7 1/8".

I placed a dimensional on the back of each bow.

Another great use of the envelope punch board.  My packages will be well decorated this Christmas.




No comments: