Saturday, November 1, 2014

Falling for Art Craft Show in Cobourg

I was honoured to be invited to attend the first annual juried "Falling for Art Show" in Cobourg, Ont. today.

The event was held in the gym at that town's beautiful Community Centre.  There were 24 vendors  there, and I was the only one selling paper products. My presence there was very positive.

One fantastic thing that was very helpful, especially to me, was that there was help unloading my car at the start, and loading my car at the end.  I was so grateful for that help.  Every craft show should have that kind of assistance.

Here is a picture of my table in the gym - a side view





Although attendance was slow and sporadic, my sales were very good.  The attendance was probably influenced by the weather. It was nasty today -  snowing on my way to Cobourg this morning, and it stayed damp and cold all day.  I'm sure people just wanted to stay home and "nest".

What sold today?  A bit of everything.  I sold regular cards - thank you, birthday, wedding, Christmas cards, decorated note pads, Christmas tags, wine tags, wine glass tags, owl bookmarks, boxes of 3 by 3" cards, tag/ornament, wine boxes, pails of hot chocolate, calendar, post it notes, trivets, and journals.  I'm sure there were other items but I just can't recall them now.  Repeatedly customers told me that my packaging was very attractive.

I also talked to 2 ladies who were interested in Stampin' Up products, but lived in towns that were different than where I lived.  I advised them to use the Demonstrator Locator to find a demonstrator in their area, but failing that I would be glad to be their demonstrator.  To both of them I gave a catalogue and my business card.

I am seriously considering getting a smart phone and accepting credit and debit cards.  I ran into the situation again today where a lady wanted to buy more items, but scaled back because I didn't have that payment option.  Maybe for the New Year.

My sales total for today?  $250.00

No comments: