Friday, September 12, 2014

Glittering Bootiful Occasions - swap cards

I belong to an Ontario Rubber Stamping group and every month this group does swaps - each month a different topic.  I make 3 identical cards, mail them to the hostess, and I get 3 different cards in return.  I just love getting those cards in the mail.
This month the topic was "glitter", and boy did I make a mess when I made the 3 cards.  There was glitter all over my desk, my chair, the printer, the floor, and all over me.  But the cards turned outokay





 For some reason the pictures turned out really dark, so I played around with the brightness/contrast feature.  At least you can see the colour of the glitter!
Here's how I applied the glitter.
First I coloured the shoe with markers (Basic Black, Old Olive and Tangerine Tango).  Then I applied glue (two way glue pen and a small tipped glue applicator - non SU) one colour at a time.  The Old Olive was done first, followed by the orange, and then black.  After the glitter was applied the shoe was cut out and attached to the moon.
The strips along the side are decorative edgelit framelits, and glitter was also applied to them.  One thing I forgot to do was colour those strips before applying the glitter.  You can tell.
The Daffodil Delight moon was die cut using the circle framelits and embossing it with the polka dot folder.  The edges were sponged with Hello Honey ink.

Stamp: Bootiful Occasion
Ink: Black Stazon, SU Markers (Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black), Hello Honey, Whisper White
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:Circles Framelit, Decorative Edge Framelit, Polka dot embossing folder, Spider Web embossing folder, retired SU glitter

No comments: