Monday, July 28, 2014

Double winged Side View of Swallowtail - Just for you

I've seen cards on Pinterest of a sideview double winged Swallowtail and I just had to make one.  It took me a while to figure out how to do it, but I did it.  Here is the result:








Here is how I did it.
I stamped the full image of the Swallowtail twice using black Memento ink on Whisper White cardstock and coloured both images using blendabilities. Then I cut each butterfly in half, and glued the wings together only near the body.  I ended up with two 3D butterflies each facing a different direction.  I placed the butterfly on the card so that it was hovering over a flower.
The background was made by first embossing a piece of Whisper White cardstock with the tulip edge embossing folder, and then sponging the surface using Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive ink.  The edge was sponged with Soft suede ink.

The flower was made using the following punches:  pansy punch, 1/2" scallop circle punch and 3/4" circle punch.

Stamps: Swallowtail, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Black Memento, blendabilities, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Soft Suede
Papers: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Tulip framed embossing folder, dazzling details, Pansy punch, 1/2" scallop circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, rhinestone

No comments: