Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happiest Birthday - Apothecary Art - Double Embossing 1

I was  finally able to go down to the craft room for the first time in almost a month.  About 2 weeks after my wrist/hand surgery the doctor had given me the all clear to make cards.  But, I didn't behave myself - what can you expect from a type A personality?- and my hand started to get very painful, especially at night. The doctor gave me a lecture stating I had over done it and cut me off doing any sort of craft.  It's now been a month since the surgery, and I'm slowly trying it again.  Actually I kind of have to as I have a class scheduled on Wednesday and I had to make some sample cards.  The topic this week is double embossing- not the easiest technique for my hand but I managed.

There are two ways to double emboss.  One involves using the framelits only; the second method involved using two embossing folders.

My post today shows  a card made using the first method.  I used a tutorial by splitcoaststampers here but I must admit it took me a couple of tries to get it right.  It's amazing how much I've forgotten in a month!





Stamp: Apothecary Art
Inks: Black Stazon, SU markers (Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Summer Starfruit, Old Olive, Always Artichoke)
Papers: Daffodil Delight, Whisper white, cardboard from DSP
Accessories: Labels framelit, Baroque embossing folder, Daffodil Delight seam binding, rhinestones

No comments: