Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blue Ribbon Birthday

For this card I used the fringe scissors to create a fringe around the Blue Ribbon.

I first stamped the image using Pacific Point ink and punched it out using the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch.  To avoid punching the ribbon off at the bottom, I cut those with the scissors first, plus the first scallop on either side.  Then, when I inserted the image into the punch, I pulled the ribbon over the top of the punch and punch.  Whalla, the ribbon did not get punched off.
Then I stamped the sentiment in Baked Brown Sugar, punch it with the 1 3/4" punch and adhered it to the center.  The ribbon sentiment was stamped in Baked Brown Sugar using the stamp-a-ma- jig.

For the fringe I folded a 2" piece of Modern Medley designer paper in half and cut the open end of the paper with the fringe scissors.  I added one layer at a time on the back of the award ribbon using a glue gun and then fluffed the fringe.

It was mounted on the card using dimensionals.









Stamp: Blue Ribbon
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Pacific Point
Papers: Whisper White, Afternoon Picnic DSP, Modern Medley DSP, Soft Suede taffeta ribbon, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals, hot glue gun

No comments: