Monday, December 16, 2013

A Paper shoe as a gift holder








I've made a lot of paper shoes with various gifts inside them for various holiday occasions, but never for Christmas.  Isn't it just adorable?  Actually, it's really a witches shoe, but who would know.
Can't you think of all kinds of ways to use this during and after the Christmas season. I can just see them filled with treats for co-workers at an office or as a teachers gift. Cindy at Skip to My Lou as been kind enough to share the download for a template and the directions for making these.The template for the paper shoe is here and for the lining here

I used Season of Style designer paper, cut the 12 by 12" paper into an 8 1/2 by 11" piece and put it in my printer - the master copy in the copier portion of the printer.  This prints the outline of the shoe directly onto the designer paper.  All you have to do then is cut the pattern out, fold along the fold lines and glue the shoe together.

I then made some roses to put on the shoe toe box.  For this I used the Spiral Flower die which will be available starting Jan. 2.  This die makes making roses super easy!  Using Cherry Cobbler card stock I had 3 roses made in no time and adhered them to the shoe box.

Two days ago I made some of my famous Chinese Chews chocolates.  I put some of them in a small cello bag which was inserted in the shoe.  The bag was tied with gold Baker's twine (also available on Jan. 2) and then a tag "A Gift for You" which I had made earlier and can find on my blog here
I'm very happy with the way it turned out.







No comments: