Tuesday, December 31, 2013

4 Season Calendar

Canada Post recently made an announcement that postage rates were increasing to $1.00 and they were no longer going to deliver rurally and door to door.

That got me thinking about my craft sales where I sell my cards.  I think this will put the brakes on some of my card sales so my emphasis this year is going to be 3D and DYI items.

I saw this neat 4 Season calendar on Pinterest, designed by Lee Ann Graff, that reminded me of a calendar I used to make using another stamp set.  So, I decided to give this one a try. Each season has its own design and 3 month calendar.  You can use the tutorial from here.  The tutorial includes a link to 12 month calendar appropriately sized for the project.

I cased the majority of this calendar, although I did use different stamp sets.






A 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" card was turned into an easel calendar.  Each card front was stamped for each season.







Measurements:
.Basic Black main card 5 12 by 8 1/2:
.4 pieces of Whisper White card stock 4 by 5 1/4"
.Basic Black easel piece 2 by 4 1/4" scored 1" from each end.

Calendars measure 1 3/4 by 4 1/2" with a black mat of 1 7/8 by 4 5/8"

The easel piece was adhered to one end of the calendar underneath the Whisper White layer.  The scored ends act as an easel once its tucked up the other side.

Products Used:
Spring: Best of Sale-a-Bration, Papilion Potpourri stamps, Rich Razzellberry, Old Olive markers, Daffodil delight ink, Butterfly punch, rhinestones.
Summer: Delicate Doilies stamp set, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Primrose Petals ink, Itty Bitty punch shapes, l" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, rhinestones, large pearls
Fall: Gently Falling stamp set, Tangerine Tango, Summer Starfruit inks, 5/8: crochet ribbon trim, Antique brad
Winter: Serene Snowflake stamp set, Marina Mist ink, rhinestones

I think this would make a great project for my first class of the season.

No comments: