Saturday, June 1, 2013

Faux Leather Technique

Everything old is new again.  For the next class I thought I'd reintroduce a technique that I'm sure most of us have done at one time or another - but maybe not.  I have one student in my class who probably has not heard of the technique as she is new to stamping.

I have prepared various ways to do the faux leather technique: the masking tape method, the emboss resist method, a method using fun foam, and a method using markings made with a bone folder.

Here are 2 cards made using the masking tape method:









Method 2 uses a type of emboss resist:




Another method I discovered was to use fun foam:

And finally, a method where marks are made on a surface covered with Versa Mark and clear embossing powder.  The marks are made with a bone folder.  The item made is a purse that can hold 3 by 3" cards, candy or some other gift.










We won't be making all the projects in class.  I just wanted my students to see the various way this technique could be used.

No comments: