Monday, May 20, 2013

Shaving Cream Technique

Happy Victoria Day to my fellow Canadians!
Have you been out enjoying the beautiful weather?  I spent Saturday and Sunday at a Craft show in Buckhorn and, although my earnings were not what is my norm, I met some wonderful people.
Today I spent preparing for my Thursday class.  I am teaching how to make backgrounds using the Shaving Cream Technique - a little messy, but a lot of fun.
I used the tutorial with Splitcoast Stampers here 
I did do some variations on the technique - instead of paper plates I plan on using aluminum plates.  The colors of reinkers used:  Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray.
Paper:  glossy card stock

 The two cards below are going to be made in class.

 In  card #1, the image is stamped directly onto the background and embossed.

Stamp: Summer Silhouette, Teeny Tiny wishes
Inks: Versa Mark, Black Stazon
Papers: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Tea for Two DSP, Glossy card stock, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: 3" circle die, Scallop circle die #2, Scallop border punch, Small butterfly punch, Butterfly punch, Word Window punch, 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch, rhinestones, Black/gray ribbon, Black embossing powder, dimensionals.





For card #2, the image was placed on top of the Shaving Cream background.

Stamp: Mixed Bunch
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate chip
Papers: Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray, Glossy cardstock, Silver card stock, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Blossom Petals punch, Secret Garden framelit, 3/4" circle punch, 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, rhinestones, dimensionals, Square lattice folder

I hope you enjoyed the cards.  They're going to be a lot of fun to make.

No comments: