Monday, April 29, 2013

Dahlia Fold Card - Technostamper #261

After this weekend, when the weather was so wonderfully warm, I began to feel in the Spring mood. Yes, there are still flood warnings in the community, but I've just had to put the worries aside.  Worrying isn't going to stop the waters from coming.  So I spent the weekend Spring cleaning, and painting (doors, windows, door frames etc).  I feel a great sense of accomplishment.

Because I am in the Spring mood, the card I made for the Technostamper challenge  here reflects bright colours.








I wanted to make a Dahlia fold flower as the focal image of this card.  But first I needed a refresher in how to make them as I hadn't made one in a while. If any of you need a refresher  too check out the tutorial here

The Summer Smooches designer paper was used to make this folded flower, and a Summer Smooches brad was inserted in the center.  The flower was adhered to

The basic card is Island Indigo card stock, layered with Whisper White card stock, then Summer smooches DSP.

A separate platform was made for the flower, using first Daffodil Delight, then Whisper White card stock.  For both of these layers, the corners were rounded using a 1 1/4" circle punch.  The Whisper White card stock was embossed with the Honeycomb folder.  Near the top of this platform, a strip of Tangerine Tango, layered with Island Indigo was adhered.  The Tangerine Tango layer was embossed with the square Lattice embossing folder.

The flower was adhered to the left side of the Tangerine Tango strip.

The entire unit was attached to the DSP using dimensionals.

Here's a summary of the stamps/materials used
Stamp:  Teeny Tiny wishes
Ink: Black Stazon
Papers: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Honeycomb folder, Square Lattice folder, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Summer Smooches brad, Word Window Punch, Modern Word Label punch, glue gun, dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

MJ said...

How pretty, I love these flowers, I have not done one in a long long time. Thanks so much for the reminder of them. Great colors too! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge again this week!

Jane said...

I love the 3'D look with this card.!