Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Caffeine isn't a drug....Technostamper # 257

Of course we coffee and tea drinkers know that caffeine isn't a drug ---it's a vitamin!  Try to tell us otherwise and we'll look at you in pitying disbelief!  It's a vitamin and that's the end of that discussion! Caffeine has helped me through Nurses' training, through university, through motherhood and generally through life!  Can you tell I love the stuff!

I just love the Morning Cup stamp set and thought I would use it to make a card using the sketch challenge with Technostamper here


I die cut the Whisper White label first because I wanted to make sure the images I had chosen would fit on it.  They did, so then I cut a larger Calypso Coral label for its mat.

The images were stamped using Black Stazon ink and coloured with markers.  The edges of the Whisper White label were sponged with Baja Breeze ink, and then attached to the Calypso Coral mat. I put a bit of dazzling details on the tea pot and cup.

The base of this A2 card is Calypso coral cardstock, layered with a Fancy Fan folder embossed Natural Ivory layer.  A strip of Tea for Tea DSP was attached to the left side, a smaller different pattern DSP adhered to its middle.  Before adhering it to the card, I attached a piece of stitched satin ribbon in Gumball Green to the middle. A bow was made for the bottom.

The image unit was adhered to the card using dimensionals.
The sentiment was punched out using the 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch which was placed on top of a Modern Word Label punch in Calypso Coral.  A string of rhinestones below the sentiment satisfied by craving for bling.

Here's a summary of the materials used:

Stamps: Morning Cup
Inks: Black Stazon, SU markers (Baja Breeze, Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit), Baja Breeze
Papers: Calypso Coral, natural Ivory, Whisper White, Tea for Two DSP
Accessories: Fancy Fan folder, Labels framelits, 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch, Modern Word Label Punch, rhinestones, dazzling details, 1/4" stitched satin ribbon in gumball Green, dimensionals.

2 comments:

MJ said...

I am with you on the caffeine thing! I love your card. Love how you have the tea bag. Great job with the sketch, thanks so much for playing along!

Jonia said...

What a great card using the sketch over at TSSC. Thanks so much for playing along this week.