Friday, March 8, 2013

Stamping with Bleach

I've always avoided bleach stamping because I was never happy with the bleached images.  They somehow lacked definition.  Then I found a way to overcome that - by stamping over the bleached images with Stazon ink using the stamp-a-ma-jig for accurate placement. This is now going to be one of my technique classes.
Here is the card I made:

I used part of the tutorial from splitcoast stampers here, but then added an additional element - ie stamping over the bleached image to give it more definition.

Stamp: Creative Elements, Petite Pairs
Inks: Black Stazon, Elegant Eggplant
Papers: Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Fancy Fan folder, Labels framelits, 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch, 5/8" Victoria Trim

First I stamped the image with bleach (see tutorial with SCS), then using the stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped over the bleached image using Black Stazon ink.  Note:  the bleached image must be dry before stamping over it.



No comments: