Thursday, December 20, 2012

Friend

Friends are very important in our lives.  It wasn't until I lost one this week that I realized how important.  No, no one died, but a friendship died - for a very trivial reason (I think anyway- but the other person didn't seem to think so).  This was a long standing friendship - 45 years - but this person decided I wasn't a good enough friend to her to her to maintain our relationship any longer.  I feel very sad and heartbroken, but I must admit to hanging the phone up in her ear to stop the ranting and raving.  A sad situation, and I can't see resuming her friendship.  One has to be very careful what words one speaks, because once spoken they cannot be forgotten.

This card is a friendship card - for all the friends I still do have - and I appreciate all of them.
To my friends:

Markers were used on the stamp from the You Are Loved stamp set and the image was stamped in the upper right hand part of a Whisper White layer.  Some dazzling diamonds were put in the middle of the flowers.
The left hand side of the cardstock was embossed with the hearts from the Adorning Accents Folder.
For the sentiment, I stamped the decorative label image in Real Red on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock and punched it out.  I stamped a second one without reinking as I wanted to oval inner part, but the unstamped side.  It was cut out by hand and the word " friend" was stamped in the middle.  It was attached to the punched decorative label with dimensionals, and attached to the card where a gumball green banner had been placed across the card.  Some rhinestones were placed under the sentiment, because friends are like diamonds.

Stamp: You Are Loved
Inks: Real Red, SU markers
Papers: Real Red, Whisper White, Gumball Green
Accessories: Decorative Label punch, Dazzling diamonds, Adorning Accents folder, rhinestones, dimensionals

3 comments:

orthonurse13 said...

I guess we've all said things that we regret later.
It is sad that in this situation the friendship can't be restored. Makes me wonder what kind of person can't forgive a misstep. Hang in there.

JustMeinIN said...

Love your card. My grandmother told me that friends come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. I'm sorry that this friendship was one of the 2 former ones. It's sad when they go before you are ready.

Stamperoo said...

Beautiful card, as you always do. Sorry to hear the reason you got inspiration for this card. All we can do in this world is our best, and make peace with the fact that with some people our best will never be enough for them.
Hang in there, so many of us treasure you as a friend in this world whether close or casual. And we enjoy going to your blog to admire and CASE your lovely projects. Cheers.