Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pop Up Christmas Ornament/Tag

I was searching for ideas for my Dec. 3rd class, when I came across this incredible Christmas tag that pops open into an ornament.
I followed the tutorial in the video made by Tami White here
It was incredibly easy to make.  So now I have my two projects for class - the paper angel I made yesterday, and the Pop Up Ornament/Tag.
Here's this, as Tami put it, my WOW project:

When closed, this 3D item can be used as a tag and attached to a gift, or even hung on the tree as an ornament. It is held closed by ribbon through a bead, which you can just see at the corner of the tag.

Pull the bead back and the tag pops open into a 3D Ornament, which looks like you spent hours doing origami folding

This is the side view.  Isn't it marvelous?
So, take a look at Tami's video and make your own Pop Up Christmas Ornament/Tag today.
Thanks Tami

Materials I used:
  • Very Vanilla card stock
  • 1/8" Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon
  • Bead (opening should be large enough to get 2 ribbons through it)
  • Stamps: Snowflake Soiree, Snow Swirled
  • Inks: Midnight Muse (I did the other one using Cherry Cobbler)
  • Trimmer with scoring blade


1 comment:

Joyce Fisher said...

Hi Maria,

That is so cool. I'll have to check out the video!

Peace, Love & Joy,
Joyce
peaceloveandjoyce.typepad.com