Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Deck the Halls - Always Playing with Paper

The idea behind the Merry Monday challenge here  is to get a head start on Christmas cards as every Monday year round you make a Christmas card.  I'm well on my way since I started in July, but I can always use a few more.

 

As you can see I made a few modifications to the sketch, making the sentiment area a bit smaller to accommodate the stamp I wanted to use.
I started by stamping the image of the hanging Christmas ornaments with Gumball Green onto Whisper White card stock.  This was mounted on silver glimmer paper which I extended on the left side to make it look like a panel.  A strip of designer paper was attached next to it.
The sentiment was colored with red, brown, and gumball green markers and stamped on Whisper White.  It was die cut using the Labels framelit.
After the card was complete, some dazzling details was applied to the ornaments and allowed to dry.

Stamp:  Merry & Type
Inks: Gumball Green, markers  (Gumball Green, Real Red, Chocolate Chip)
Papers: Real Red, Whisper White, Silver Glitter, Snow Festival Designer Paper
Accessories: Labels framelit, Dazzling details, dimensionals

No comments: