Sunday, October 14, 2012

Falling Leaves - Thank You - Technostamper #241

I'm finally caught up getting my products ready for the next craft show- which is this weekend.  I sold out of a lot of things the last show (1 week ago) so I had to get my gear in action and create, create, create!!  Today it is so nice to say, I'm caught up - and now I can get caught up with my challenges.
This card is for the Technostamper sketch challenge here
I wanted to make a fall card as I had leaves left over from another project.

 
Technique:   The leaves were die cut using Very Vanilla card stock and the Autumn Accents die.  Each leaf was folded in half and laid on the Woodgrain folded at a 45 degree angle and run through the big shot.  After carefully opening each leaf (they tear easily), each was sponged with Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, and the edges sponged with Soft suede.  They were then spritzed with gold smooch.  The acorn was made in 2 stages.  Two acorns were die cut - one in Very Vanilla, and one in Soft Suede.  The Soft Suede acorn was embossed with the Square lattice folder, and the top cut off.  The Very Vanilla one was sponged and the Soft Suede top was adhered to it. The entire acorn was then spritzed with gold smooch.
The leaves were attached to the card with dimensionals.

Stamps: Perfectly Penned
Inks: Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede
Papers: Island Indigo, Orchard Harvest DSP, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Autumn Accents die, woodgrain folder, Square lattice folder, Gold smooch, dimensionals

1 comment:

MJ said...

What a fabulous way to do those leaves! Thanks so much for sharing your direction. And thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge too!