Monday, September 24, 2012

Gourdfest 2012

I was one of the vendors at a very unique 2 day show called Gourdfest - a celebration of all things made with Gourds. When I saw everything that could be made with Gourds my jaw just dropped!!  I also sat in on a few lessons and was astonished to find that the techniques and media used to decorate Gourds are very similar, if not the same as what is used on cards - alcohol inks being one of them.
Here are a few pictures of my booth at this event:

One of my helpers, Helen
Me
We were in one of the out buildings off the Community Center, and it was quite cool inside, so I bundled up to stay warm.  Thank goodness for a space heater.
My sales were excellent - a personal best.

Here's a picture of a gourd decorating class going on in the booth beside me.  They were using a technique called wax resist - sound familiar?




3 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Congrats on a great sales event & hey your assistant looks very familiar ! Have a wonderful week, Shirleyx

Sandi said...

Very nice display Maria!! I wish the pictures were bigger so I could really see your artwork -- you are one busy gal!! Maybe you can do a tutorial on how the gords were done, looks like fun.

Ted and Helen Howard said...

Hi Maria,
Thanks for posting the picture of your helper and I did have a fun time.Who knew gourds were a craft and used many of the tools we use in our card making.Your display was well done and so so organized!
Hugs to you.
Helen