Friday, July 13, 2012

Countryside Harvest Birthday - Freshly Made Sketches #43

|Apple growers in southern Ontario have had a real hit this year.  The week of extremely warm weather in March caused the trees to blossom prematurely.  These poor blossoms froze when the cold weather returned.  As a result - no or few apples.
As a kid I lived near an apple orchard, and spent many happy hours picking apples.  I can smell the rich fruity smell of apples growing on trees as I`m typing these words.
This card reminds me of those happy times.
I used the sketch with Freshly Made Sketches here     This is a site I just recently discovered and the idea is to keep the cards simple and fresh looking.   Keeping a card simple is a real challenge for me, but I think I accomplished the task.

The image was colored with markers and a blender pen.

 

Stamps:  Countryside, Sassy Salutations
Inks: Midnight Muse, SU Markers 
Papers: Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Comfort Cafe designer paper
Accessories: Blender pen, stampin dimensionals

No comments: