Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pretty Postage Birthday - Unscripted Sketches #163

This week Unscripted Sketches has a piggyback challenge i.e. use vellum on the sketch provided.
I love doing their piggyback challenges, and here is my card:

 
I used vellum in 2 ways:  First I made a vellum window into which the focal image was inserted.  Secondly, I used vellum as an embossed layer.
Vellum window:
1.  Cut as piece of vellum 2 by 2" and find the mid point
2.  Take each corner and fold so that the corner point is at the center mid point.
3.  Fold each triangle back folding over 1/2" forming the frame.
4.  Insert your focal point.
Before I started I used a marker to color one side of the vellum.

Vellum layer:
After cutting to the right size, it was embossed with the square lattice embossing folder.  The wrong side was then colored with a marker and the edges sponged.

Stamp: Pretty Postage
Ink: Markers of various colors, Riding Hood Red
Papers: Baja breeze, Whisper White, Vellum, Midnight Meuse, Patio Party designer paper
Accessories: 1 3/8" square punch, 1/4" white stitched grosgrain ribbon, Square lattice embossing folder, Fancy fan embossing folder, dimensionals
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...