Sunday, June 3, 2012

Paper Baby Shoes in a Clear Covered Box - Hand Stamped Sentiments

The challenge with Hand Stamped Sentiments 120 here is to make anything but a card.  So, I decided to make some baby shoes out of paper and make a clear covered box to put them in.
To make the baby shoes I used the template from here


The shoes were made using Pretty in Pink designer paper.  The strap was attached to the side with a Boho blossom flower and a pink brad.  Along the top of the strap a strip of pearls was attached.
The image on the toe was stamped with Versa Mark on Whisper White paper and embossed with pewter embossing powder.  It was cut out and attached to the toe using the fabric adhesive roll. I put some 1/8`` ribbon around the soles of the shoes.

The box was made using 4 die cuts of the scalloped envelope die and using sticky strip to adhere them together. The base was decorated with the other side of the Pretty in Pink designer series paper. The pink ribbon adhered around and on top of the DSP  is retired SU ribbon. The clear acetate top was made using a medium window sheet (now retired)

Stamp: Every Little Bit
Inks: Versa Mark
Papers: Pretty in Pink, Pretty in Pink designer paper, Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop Envelope die, Medium Window sheet, 1/8 `` pink ribbon, 3/8 `` pink ribbon (retired SU), Pewter embossing powder, fabric adhesive roll

I also made a coordinating 4 by 4 card and an oval tag to go with the box.  Although the card is not part of the challenge, I am putting it at the bottom of this post.  I used the stamp set: Baby Bundle and Teeny Tiny Wishes, and the image was colored using SU markers.
You an make these shoes in any color.  I have made them in blue, yellow and green as well.  They make a great baby shower gift (use in place of a ribbon on top of a present) or a gift to a new mom.

8 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love the pearl accents!!! The box is perfect- so cute!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Sandi said...

Hi Maria! I stopped by because it has been ages, and when I saw your comment I decided to come see what you have been up to besides your LNS postings. I am so very glad I did, but in some respects not happy. I so wish I would have seen this gorgeous baby project before I went to my niece's baby shower. The booties, box, card, and everything are simply gorgeous and I would have loved to have made something like this!! I have another one to attend soon (my 1st great-grandchild); but it is for a boy -- absolutely not as much fun for gift giving (but more fun in other ways). I so love your work!!

LeroyLime said...

Wow, Wow, WOW!! Those are the cutest little things EVER!! :) Thanks so much for sharing with us this week over at Hand Stamped Sentiments, all the sweet details are just great and I love the tiny little teddy's on the toes! Cute!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So precious! They are just so cute! I'm not sure that a baby could actually wear them but shoes are wearable:-) I love the pearls and the box is so cute too! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Krista said...

Oh my gosh these are absolutely adorable. They are a total mantelpiece for sure! I love all of the pearls and the cute little teddy....great card, too. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Gorgeous job on these... so cute:) Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week:)

Patrice Herrera said...

Are you just AMAZING or what. This is the most darling gift I have ever seen! And giving us the template is an added bonus THANKS!

Vicky W said...

These are just adoreble Maria. I love the little bear on the front of the booties & the bling with the Pearls. Nicely finished off with the matching box & card. TFS