Monday, June 18, 2012

Horse Frontier Birthday - Try Stampin' on Tuesday $70

Hope all of you had a wonderful Father's Day weekend.  My family sure did.  My father is not here anymore and at times like this I really miss him.  However, I did help my sons celebrate this day with their father.  We all met for Chinese food - and I ate way too much.

The weekend started off a little nerve wracking.  My neighbours on the other side of the back fence moved out on Friday, leaving behind a pile of rotting garbage adjacent to the fence.  The smell in my yard was -well you can imagine.  No knowing these people, who were tenants, nor the owner, I had no choice but to call the City to lodge a complaint. I was pleasantly surprised that an inspector assessed the property the same day but is giving the owner the opportunity to clean the mess up.  So far there is no evidence of any activity over the fence. The only activity is in the form of wildlife - racoons and skunks.  Patience Maria------

This card is for the sketch challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday #70 here
For this card I turned the sketch on its side.


 


While making this card my thoughts went to my sister who just loved horses.  If it wasn't for the fact that she met her husband she would have become a vet.  My sister, this card is for you.

Stamps: Horse Frontier, Petite Wishes
Ink: Soft Suede
Papers: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Country Comfort designer paper, Cajan Craze
Accessories: Tasteful Trim die, Crimper, Early Espresso Baker's twine, Neutral's button,

2 comments:

Jane said...

What a great card and a great stamp . This is a perfect masculine card or feminine card.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

I absolutely LOVE the country feel to this card. It is stunning! Thanks for sharing it with us.