Friday, June 15, 2012

Butterfly Flower Birthday - Sketch Frenzy Friday

Hope you can join us for this week's Sketch Frenzy Friday mini blog hop.
The sketch this week is by Tina Munzka.  I had a lot of fun with it, and decided to make a flower out of the new butterfly punch.
Here is my card, followed by the sketch.  The picture is a bit crooked as I took it outside and the wind was blowing a bit and kept knocking the card down.  I had to snap the picture quickly.

 

It's funny how an idea gets in your head and you can't get it out until the idea has been accomplished.
When the butterfly punch arrived yesterday I wondered what else I could make with it.  So I experimented with a few ideas and ended up making the above flower.  I'll make a video tutorial a bit later to show you how I made the flower.
Here are the materials I used to make the card:

Stamp: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Melon Mambo, More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Basic Black
Papers: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Twitterpated designer paper, Lucky Limeade, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Butterfly punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, Boho blossom punch, Crimper, Fancy Shell embossing folder, Word Label Punch, 1 3/4 by 7/8" Oval punch, Pink Twitterpated pleated ribbon (retired), Pearls, Dazzling details, spritz.

Now it's your turn to create something.  When you are finished upload it to the SFF homepage here
then visit the blogs of the other team member to see their creations.
Your next stop is Patrice's blog here

Have a great day, stay well, and I'll see you next week.

6 comments:

Teri C said...

Oh how adorable! I love the butterfly flower idea. It's too cute!

Tammy said...

your butterfly flower is so pretty!!

inkedx2 said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I love that flower.

Jane said...

I love the look of the great new embossing folder you used. I was admiring this in the catologe but now know it is going on my list

Patrice Herrera said...

WOW IS RIGHT! That is one cleaver flower creation my friend.

Sharon Wheet said...

Maria, first let me just say, that if you didn't tell us you used the butterfly punch to create that wonderfully gorgeous blossom, I would have gone crazy trying to figure it out! What a wonderful idea, and it looks FABULOUS!
Love the whole look of your card. Great job!
hugs, sharon w.