Monday, May 21, 2012

Tool Time Retirement - Technostamper #223

Hope everyone in Canada is having a wonderful holiday weekend.  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous and so hot I've even had to put the air conditioning on.  I think this is the earliest I have ever had to do that.
Like some of you I have been a bit distracted of late trying to get my gardening done and getting ready for market which starts tomorrow. As a result I haven't been blogging as much as I usually do, but hopefully that will change as I adjust to my new schedule.

Today's card is for the Monday Lunchtime Technostamper Sketch challenge here
I wanted to make a masculine card because that is the theme for the challenge with the LNS group and I am on their design team (although I don't post until Saturday).  Most of my cards this week will have a masculine flavour as they are very popular at market.

The stamp set "Tool Time" is retiring, as is the designer paper "Well Worn", so again, I am making this a retirement card.

Each tool was stamped using Black Stazon ink and colored with markers.  The metallic portions of the tools was painted with Platinum all purpose ink.  The tools were then cut out and mounted on a piece of crumb cake card stock embossed with the polka dot embossing folder - to mimic a peg board.

Here's the sketch:
 

Stamps:  Tool Time, Teeny Tiny wishes
Inks: Black Stazon, markers, Bravo Burgundy
Papers: Bravo Burgundy, Crumb Cake, Well Worn designer paper, Whisper White,
Accessories: Platinum all purpose ink, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/2" circle punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

Jonia said...

Great card Maria! I don't have this set, but it is great for a masculine card!

MJ said...

Such a great card, you really did a great job combining the two challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Jane said...

You did a great job on this card. The way you painted the tools they look so real.