Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Robin & the Season of Friendship

I have been home from the hospital for a week now and its been a tough week.  I've been in too much pain to be able to sit at my work table to create any cards. The spirit is willing, but the body has other ideas.
So I decided to re-post another of my favorite spring cards, a Robin in the Season of Friendship tree.
Last year I thoroughly enjoyed using the Bird Builder punch to create many species of birds.

Today's bird is a Robin - a bird well recognized in this neck of the woods.  Robins usually migrate south for the winter, but some have actually stayed behind to winter in my back yard - crazy bird!! But then its been a mild winter and an early spring.

Yesterday I had my morning coffee on the back deck and couldn't help look for my friend, and sure enought there he was up in the tree, creating that beautiful melody of his.



Stamps: Season of Friendship, You're a Gem
Inks: Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso marker
Papers: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Framed Tulips embossing folder, Crystal Effects, Stampin Dimensionals

2 comments:

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

OMG, I am new here and just discovered your blog and I fell in love with this card. I love anything having to do with birds, I have a Love bird and a Gouldian finch. I am your newest follower,Please visit my blog and follow me too.Hugs and God bless!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Everytime I see your Robins... it amazes me how much they look like the real thing!! So pretty!! Good job Maria!! How are your knees?