Yeah, I'm going home today!!! Within the next few days I'll have some new cards for you, but in the meantime, enjoy another repost - a Sunflower made with punches. It's a Mother's Day card, and since I am a mother going home, it's my day to celebrate.
Inks: Early Espresso, Always Artichoke
Papers: So Saffron, Chocolate chip, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Greenhouse Gala Designer Paper
Accessories: Fancy Flower Punch, 2 3/8" Scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, Pearls, dimensionals, 1/8" daffodil delight taffeta ribbon, Word Window punch, Modern Label Punch.
Here's how I made the flower:
1. Punch 2 Flowers in So Saffron using Fancy flower punch
2. Reinsert both flowers back into the punch, so that the cutting edge is right in the middle of the petal.
3. Snip between the petals
4. Sponge the petals with Early Espresso ink
5. With the handle of a paint brush, curl the ends of each of the petals at both long ends.
6. Punch one 1" circle in Early Espresso, and one in So Saffron. Distress both circles, and then sponge with Early Espresso ink. Attach to middle of flower with dimensionals. Put pearls in the middle of the main flower.
7. For the bud, after curling the edges and sponging, cut the flower in half, and then gently roll the flower to form a bud. Punch one Fancy Flower in Wild Wasabi, and cut out one petal. Sponge edges with Always Artichoke. Form it around the base of the bed and glue in place (I used Tombo glue)
8. Hand cut a strip of Wild Wasabi for the stems . Then hand cut the leaves. Sponge with Always Artichoke.
9. Punch one 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, and reinsert that back into the punch so that the cutting surfaces are in the middle of the scallops. Sponge edges with Early Espresso. Mount Sunflower on this newly shaped circle.