Monday, February 20, 2012

Mug Organizers

I saw this idea on a blogsite before Christmas but did not have time to make any mug organizers until now.  They're a fantastic idea for a craft table, to keep by the phone, to organize make up, and all it takes is a bit of material, some quilting batting, bias tape and thread and an old mug - and a sewing machine of course.  The pattern is from Simplicity #2450 (mug covers)

They make great gifts for uplines, down lines, teachers, mothers, any crafter, or anyone wanted to organize a small space.

I made one of these using the fabric from Stampin' Up.  You'll recognize the pattern.






These mug covers are super easy to make, that is, if you know how to sew.
Above you can see the organizer with all sorts of pockets for inside (top half) and outside (lower half).  The upper half is inserted into the mug and attached in the handle with velccro.




Here is another one I made that |I am using to organize my sewing supplies.

I buy my mugs at thrift stores for .25cents or less.

3 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

What a fantastic HOSTESS Thankyou!! Or BLOG Candy, or GIFT!! Beautiful job Maria!!

Debbie Martin said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing, I have already ordered the pattern. These will be great for my table to hold tools and glue.

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea and I do love the idea of making these for hostess gifts!! I will be featuring this mug organizer on My Crafty Picks #54 with a link back to your blog on 2-26-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com