Monday, February 13, 2012

Baby Girl Footprints - Challenge 160 LNS

I'm glad this week's challenge with the LNS (Late Night Stampers) Yahoo group #160 is a sketch challenge as I thoroughly enjoy doing them.

Looking at the sketch, I debated about making another rosette, started to, and at the last minute decided not to.  Although no one that I know of is having a baby at the moment, I felt the need to make a baby card - one for a little girl.



Here is the sketch:
My card:




I began by die cutting a 3 1/4" Scallop circle  and punching a Scallop circle punch in Whisper White.
To make the footprints look like the tiny feet had been put on an ink pad first, like in real life, I inked the stamp up with the Blushing Bride marker and then stamped in the middle of the die cut scalloped circle.  I was pleased with the result, but the footprints looked a little lonesome surrounded by all that white.  So I punched a 2" circle using scrap paper and traced a Lucky Limeade green circle around the footprints, pricked a hole in each of the scallops and inked the edges with Lucky Limeade.

The sentiment was stamped with Basic Black in the middle of the Scallop circle punchie. This time I used a 1 1/4" template to trace a Lucky Limeade circle around the sentiment.  Again I pricked holes in each scallop and inked the edges.

Recipe:
Stamps: Baby Prints, Petite Pairs
Inks: Lucky Limeade, Basic Black, Blushing Bride marker, Lucky Limeade marker
Papers: Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Nursery Nest Designer Paper, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Scallop circle die #2, 2" circle punch, Scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 3/8" Island Indigo ruffled ribbon, Pearls, Mat pack and paper piercer, dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly love your work, thank you for taking the time to share.
Dea