Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fruits & Flowers Birthday - Unscripted Sketches #140

I'm slowly getting all my birthday cards made.  This card is for a special friend who just absolutely loves strawberries - especially Ontario strawberries!
Making this card took me back to when I was about 10 or 11 and my sister and I were wandering around the base of a hill near our home.  In the late spring there were wild strawberrries growing there and we knew just where they were.  Oh my, I can smell and taste them now!!

To make this card I used the sketch from Unscripted Sketches here



Stamps: Fruit & Flowers, Teeny Tiny wishes
Inks: Real Red, Basic Black SU markers (Real Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight)
Papers: Old Olive, Whisper White, Berry Blossoms designer paper, Old Olive,Real Red
Accessories: 1 1/4" square punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch, Word Label punch, 1/8" Daffodil delight taffeta ribbon, Antique brad, dimensionals, dazzling details

7 comments:

rudlis said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches

Jane said...

Your strawberry card is as cute as a button and reminds me of the warm sunny days of summer

Jane said...

Your strawberry card is as cut as a button and rminds me of those warm days of summer

Jane said...

Your strawberry card is as cute as a button and reminds me of those warm days of summer

Geri said...

Great card! Strawberries are one of my favorites too! There really is nothing like the taste & smell of wild strawberries!Thanks for sharing this yummy delight with us at Unscripted Sketches!

dstandard said...

Awesome card - love the strawberries! Thanks for playing this week at Unscripted Sketches!

Linda Beeson said...

I like strawberries, this turned out adorable! Nice use of the Unscripted sketch too.