Friday, December 2, 2011

Winter Wonderland Shaker Card - The Friday Mashup 35


This is my first week as guest designer for the month of December, with The Friday Mashup.  I am really excited  and I hope you are inspired by my designs.
 
  Here is the "Mashup" Challenge this week
  1. Make a project featuring "A Shaker Card".
  2. Or Make a project with a "Winter Theme".  
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Winter Themed Shaker Card.

Here is my card.  I "Mashed it Up" and made a "Winter Themed Shaker Card" using the tutorial from Splitcoast stamper here


Stamps:   Lovely as a tree, Occasions Alphabet
Inks:   Island Indigo, Marina Mist, Baja breeze, Basic Black
Papers: Islande Indigo, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer paper, Island Indigo designer paper
Accessories: Frame Oval Scallop die and the Big shot, Snowburst embossing folder, Champagne shimmer paint, Mica Flakes, Medium Window Sheet, Double sided picture framing tape (non SU), 3/8" Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Pearls. dimensionals

Here's a close up of the Shaker element.  The Mica flakes makes it look like the tree is in the middle of a blizzard.  Another option would be to use silver glass glitter or tiny white beads.

Have a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Maria,

Congratulations on your December Guest Designer spot. Great to have you as one of our talented guests.

Your card is inspired, love the tree in the shaker part with all that snow.

Cheers,
Kasey ~in Oz

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, your tree looks wondeful behind all that glitter.

Heidi Baks said...

I love your choice of stamps and colors, and you made such a nice big shaker!

Lisa said...

Lovely card, that tree is a perfect choice for a shaker card.

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great, I love how the tree looks like it's in a snow storm.. Perfect for this challenge. Welcome to the team, we'e excited to have you joining us this month at the Friday Mashup.

Vannessa said...

Congrats on being a GDT this month at Friday Mashup! Fab card - love those mica flakes! We so need them in our catalogue!

Sandi said...

I'm catching up on my blog viewing and so glad I didn't miss this beauty Maria. I love this!!

Rita W said...

What a fun shaker card! Lovely as a Tree is so perfect for every kind of card!