- One piece of Marina Mist card stock 11 by 5 1/5 folded in half
- 3 pieces of Cherry Cobbler designer paper 12 by 1/2" (for the wing feathers)
- 2 pieces of Cherry Cobbler designer paper 12 by 1/2" and one piece 9 1/2 by 1/2" for the tail feathers
- Starburst embossing folder
- Champagne Mist glimmer paint and dauber
- 5/16 brads with prongs removed
1. Cut a rough outline of a bird body on a scrap piece of card stock. Use this as your template.
4. Insert one of the 12 by 1/2" strips of Cherry Cobbler designer paper through both ends. Center. Bend over one end and insert through the slit. Then fold the other side and insert through the slit on the other side until both ends meet in the middle. Ensure that each half of the folded paper is equal is size. Secure the ends with tape.
Do the same for the other 2 strips. These are the feathers. Fluff them up a bit until you are happy with the way they look.
6. Cut a triangular beak and attach to the bird.
7. Now attach both sides of the bird together.
Attach to the bird using a glue dot.
Add a rhinestone in the middle of the brad.
9. With a crop-o-dile punch two holes in the body on eith side othe wings and insert white baker's twine or ribbon.
Your ornament is now complete.
The size of the bird can be changed by altering the size of the body template and the size of the feathers. Experiement and have fun