Thursday, November 3, 2011

Metal Stocking Wine Glass Charms

I have 3 big Craft Fairs this month and have been busy making 3D  and gift items for my table.  One of the items I made was inspired by Monica Weaver - metal stocking wine glass charms. The metal I got at my local craft store. It was silver on one side and red on the other.  So, I made 6 charms in red, and 6 in silver.
This year has been very successful for me, and I have found that one of the secrets of this success is not only the quality of the products I make, but the quality of the packaging the products are put it.  The packaging is half the sale!
Below is a single wine glass charm, as well as picture of how I packaged the charms.

First I punch out one metal and one Cherry Cobbler cardstock stocking, using the Stocking Builder Punch.  About 1/4" was cut off the top of each stocking.
Using the Cherry Cobbler stocking the image of the stocking was traced onto a sheet of sticky sheet and cut out. This tape it was adhered to the cherry cobbler stocking, the protective cover removed from the other end of the tape and the metal stocking adhered to the other side.
This unit was then embossed with the Starburst embossing folder and the Big Shot
Silver glimmer paper was used to punch out the top, toes and heels of the stocking, and they were adhered using tombo glue.
After the glue was dry, a  small hole was punched into one of the corners of the stocking (I used the crop-o-dile).  Through this hole I inserted an ear ring hoop ring and a small jingle bell.

The ear ring hoops were inserted through holes I had made in a tag - 3 stockings to 1 tag, and placed in small SU cellophane bags. To further help identify individual wine glasses, I punched out jewellrey tags so individuals could write their own name on their charm.  These I put in a separate plastic bag.
Red Card stock was used to make the top to the bag, and retired Christmas paper was used to decorate this.

Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper, Real Red, retired Christmas paper,
Accessories: Metal sheet, Stocking Builder Punch, Large ear ring hoops, mini jingle bells, Sticky sheets, Starburst embossing folder, small cellophane bags, white baker's twine, 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon

No comments: