Friday, September 9, 2011

Christmas Stone Tile

This is one of the items for my craft table next weekend.  It's a stone tile (6 by 6") which I purchased at Home Depot.


After cleaning the tile, I used mod podge to adhere the various elements to the tile.
First I adhered a Whisper White layer, the edges of which were sponged with Pacific Point ink, and the corners rounded with the corner rounder punch.
The next layer is Blueberry Crisp designer paper (retired) - the edges of which I embossed with the new pewter embossing powder.  The corners of this layer were also rounded with the corner rounder punch
The focal image I had actually done last year, and found it when I was cleaning out a box.  Rather than making it into a card I decided to make this trivet or wall hanging tile.
The image is from Scenic Season - the sentiment from Grateful Greetings.  It is framed by the Top Note Die cut.
Underneath this image I embossed a strip of Pacific Point card stock with the Snowburst embossing folder, and punched one edge with the scallop edge punch.
I glued some Mica flakes in the corners to give it that little bit of wow.

All layers were individually podged onto the tile.  Two coats were applied.
After it was dry, I applied felt feet to the bottom.

No comments: