Saturday, September 10, 2011

Christmas Lodge - Create with Connie & Mary Sketch Challenge 166

I wasn't too enamored when I first saw this stamp set, but the more I work with it the more I like it.
For this sketch challenge with CCM 166 here I used two different techniques - bleaching and faux quilting.  I decided to use faux quilting rather than 2 designer papers side by side, because what is a lodge or log cabin without a quilt!
I turned the sketch around to accommodate the stamp I was using.


Stamps: Christmas Lodge, Merry & Type
Inks: Basic Black, Garden Green, Versa Mark
Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Frostwood Lodge Designer Paper
Accessories: Snowburst embossing folder, Spritz, 1/4" square punch, bleach and a small paint brush, dazzling diamonds, 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon (Wild Wasabi), dimensionals, black embossing powder

I first stamped the image with Versa mark on Crumb cake card stock, and embossed with black embossing powder.  Then, using the small paint brush, I applied bleach (household) to the snow covered areas of the lodge.  When dry I applied glue and dazzling diamonds.




 Here is a close up of the focal image.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...