Monday, August 15, 2011

Little Friends Birthday - Create with Connie & Mary #162

This is my card for the sketch challenge with Create with Connie & Mary , but I must admit I did take some liberties with the sketch.  I don't usually do that, but I was in the mood to do something different


Stamp: Little Friends
Inks: Black Stazon, Basic Black, Watercolor crayons
Paper: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Big Top Birthday designer paper, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Circles #2 die, 1/2" Scallop dot Old Olive ribbon, Daisy Die #2, Antique brad, Word Window Punch, Oval punch, Dazzling details, Aqua painter

I put a rosette behind the focal image and because of that the bow of the ribbon and the flower embellishment had to be placed somewhere else.
I hope no one minds that I made these changes.

Here is a side view of the main image and rosette, as well as the ribbon unit.





This is a close up of the ribbon unit.  The flower was made using the Daisy #2 die and an antique brad.  Dazzling details was applied to the tips of the flower.

The ribbon was made by bringing the 2 ends together in the middle and adhering with glue dots.  A smaller strip of ribbon was wrapped around the middle giving it a bow tie look.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...