Monday, August 15, 2011

Little Friends Birthday - Create with Connie & Mary #162

This is my card for the sketch challenge with Create with Connie & Mary , but I must admit I did take some liberties with the sketch.  I don't usually do that, but I was in the mood to do something different


Stamp: Little Friends
Inks: Black Stazon, Basic Black, Watercolor crayons
Paper: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Big Top Birthday designer paper, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Circles #2 die, 1/2" Scallop dot Old Olive ribbon, Daisy Die #2, Antique brad, Word Window Punch, Oval punch, Dazzling details, Aqua painter

I put a rosette behind the focal image and because of that the bow of the ribbon and the flower embellishment had to be placed somewhere else.
I hope no one minds that I made these changes.

Here is a side view of the main image and rosette, as well as the ribbon unit.





This is a close up of the ribbon unit.  The flower was made using the Daisy #2 die and an antique brad.  Dazzling details was applied to the tips of the flower.

The ribbon was made by bringing the 2 ends together in the middle and adhering with glue dots.  A smaller strip of ribbon was wrapped around the middle giving it a bow tie look.

7 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

What a sweet card! Love your take on the sketch challenge! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

This is such a sweet card! I love how you mounted the circle image! And the flower detail is wonderful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

What a cheerful card. Reminds me of a Betsy Pease picture my grandmother had. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Carrie Gaskin said...

That antique brad looks so happy in the flower - what a great detail. Thank you so much for playing at CCMC this week!

Debbie Henderson said...

What a great way to layer your sentiment. Glad you played at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

What a fabulous combination of bright and happy and the vintage brad! Love your flower! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Renée said...

oooh, I love the rosette behind the main image! Thanks for playing with us at CCMC :)