Friday, August 19, 2011

Inspired by Nature - Kissing Technique - Creative Sketches CS44T

This week at Creative Sketches, there is a sketch challenge and a technique "kissing".  Here is the link: http://www.creative-sketches.com/2011/08/18/creative-sketches-cs44t-technique-kissing-albuquerque-stampclasses/

Here is the sketch:


I must admit I had to practice this technique several different ways until I was satisfied with the end result.

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Fine Flourish, Petite Pairs
Inks: Basic Black, So Saffron, Peach Parfait marker
Papers: Basic black, Whisper White, Peach Parfait designer paper, Peach Parfait cardstock
Accessories: 3/4 by 15/16 oval punch, round bitty punch, bitty buttons, rhinestones, 3/8" white taffeta ribbon, Houndstooth embossing folder, dazzling diamonds.

Here's how I made the image using the "kissing" technique-
I started by inking up the background stamp "Fine Flourish" with Peach Parfait marker and the main stamp "Inspired by Nature" with So Saffron ink.  Then I placed the background stamp on top of the main image, and stamped the "kissed" image onto white card stock.



Here is a close up of the Cone Flower with the pattern of the Fine Flourish stamp on top of the So Saffron ink.














These were 2 of my practice ones.  I liked them enough to make them into a card.  In this case I used Whisper White Ink on the Cone Flower, no ink on the background stamp, and stamped the image onto black card stock.





3 comments:

Rose said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing these. I'm going to be doing some technique classes and this will be a pretty addition-

Highdesertstamper said...

LOve the design you used on the kissing background!! Very pretty Maria!!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

You're a winner AGAIN!! Congrats!