Thursday, August 11, 2011

Get Well Wishes - Try Stamping' on Tuesday # 27 & Challenge 133

This card combines 2 challenges - Try Stampin on Tuesday here and Challenge 133 with the LNS group. "Are you feeling blue?" is the challenge with this Yahoo group.
Actually I could have used a card myself yesterday as it was emotionally a rough day.  Twelve days of being confined to the couch or my bed had finally taken its toll.  My son finally wheeled me out to sit on the front porch and it was wonderful to feel the breeze flowing through my hair and see all the color in my garden.

For this card I made some flowers using one of the balloons in the Up, Up & Away stamp set.


Stamps: Up, Up & Away, Teeny tiny Wishes
Inks: Island Indigo ink & marker
Papers: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, More mustard, Old Olive
Accessories: Scallop border punch, Mat Pack & Paper Piercer, Two Step Bird Punch, Lattice Die, Metallic brads, Scallop dotted ribbon (Old Olive), Oval punch, Dazzling diamonds, White gel pen, Circle die.

The flowers and leaves were attached to a lattice .

Here's a close up of the tubular flower, which I made by stamping the silhouette balloon stamp with Island Indigo, cutting it out, rolling it up, and inserting stamens made using a strip of More Mustard card stock.

2 comments:

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Maria, this is very interesting! And unusual. I think you did a great job on the sketch. Hope you are getting better.

Tracey Old said...

Looks like alot of work went into making the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin;-)