Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vintage Sense of Time - TSSC 181

I seem to be in a vintage mode, either that or I'm in the mood to make things look old - or maybe I'm feeling old.  For the sketch challenge with Monday Technostamper Sketch challenge here I started out doing something entirely different, but ended up with a vintage card. Here is the sketch:




















First I cut an oval using the Ovals die #2 and Very Vanilla card stock.  Then, with Soft Suede ink, I inked up the Elements of Style stamp, stamped off and then stamped on the Oval.  Next I took the clock from the Sense of Time stamp set and again using Soft Suede ink, I stamped the image on only half the oval. Taking a sponge I lightly sponged the clock face with the same color of ink.  Crystal effects was applied to the small second hand clock.
With markers I colored in the flowers and the leaves outside of the clock area.
Then I distressed the entire oval and inked it with Soft Suede..
The Crumb Cake background cardstock was first stamped (again I stamped off first) with the mechanical workings of the Sense of Time stamp set - in a random pattern and then texturized with the Perfect Details Texturz plate.  The right hand corner was torn off, distressed and inked.  The rest of the endges were also inked.
The Very Vanilla layer was distressed and inked, and the right corner folded up..
With a sponge and the same ink, I aged the Victoria Lace crochet trim. After attaching it around the Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake layer, I attached the focal piece with stampin dimensionals.
The middle sized flower of the Boho blossom punch was used to create the 3 roses.  Before making them into roses, the edges of the flowers were sponged with Rose Red and then Soft Suede (very lightly).  The leaves were hand made with Old Olive card stock.  The hummingbird completed the picture. I put a tiny pearl over the eye, some pearls on the upper right corner, and on either side of the sentiment.
Here is the card:

Stamps: Elements of Style, Sense of Time
Inks: Soft Suede, Rose Red, Old Olive
Papers: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive
Accessories: Boho Blossom Punch, Ovals die #2, Victoria Crochet trim, Crystal Effects, pearls, dimensionals

No comments: