Monday, July 4, 2011

Friend to Friend - CCMC 157

This has been a very busy holiday weekend for me, selling cards at 3 craft shows in 3 days in communities around the Peterborough area.  As you know we celebrated Canada's 144th birthday, and I have never seen as much patriotism as I saw this year.
The weather was perfect for these outdoor events - well, maybe a bit hot and humid, but at least it wasn't raining.  The heat has an exhausting effect on a person, and by the time I got home I could do nothing but lay on the couch and watch Television. Of course I had to catch up on the news about Kate and William's visit to Canada.  They are such a cute couple!
Today it's America's turn for a birthday party.  Happy July 4th to my neighbours to the south.
Because I was away for 3 days doing those craft shows I was not able to post, let alone make any cards.  I do take work with me to the shows, but I couldn't make a complete card.
The card I made for the sketch challenge for Create with Connie & Mary here was started at one of the shows - I watercolored the images between sales, piquing the interests of many of the vendors around me. 

Last night I made it into a card based on the sketch below- except I turned the sketch onto its side.


Create Sketches Landscape-012






Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Flower Fest
Inks: Black Stazon, Watercolor Crayons
Papers: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Just Add Cake designer paper, Whisper White, So Saffron
Accessories: Square lattice embossing folder, So Saffron buttons, Linen Thread, rhinestones, Word Window Punch, Modern Label punch, 3/8" certainly celery taffeta ribbon gathered with thread, Aqua painter
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...