Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thinking of You - Create with Connie & Mary Color Challenge 156

This was a real challenge for me.  It seems I don't know my color very well.  The first card I made I used Poppy Parade instead of Tangerine Tango.
The challenge with Connie & Mary here this week is a color one:  Old Olive, Tangerine tango and Tempting Turquoise.

Here is my card:



Stamps: Happiness Shared, On the Grow
Inks:  Black Stazon, Basic Black, Watercolor crayons (Tangerine Tangom Old Olive), Tangerine Tango, Versa Mark
Papers: Tempting Turqoise, Whisper White, Old Olive, Tangerine tango
 Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Tangerine Tango embossing powder, Aqua painter, 5/8" white grosgrain ribbon, 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, Framed tulips embossing folder, Ornament punch, small oval punch, scallop border punch, rhinestones, dimensionals

I used the double embossing technique as described in this month's Stampin Success magazine.
Using a brayer, I applied Versa Mark to the inside of the embossing folder (the front side) put a piece of Whisper White paper inside and ran it through the Big Shot.  Then I applied Tangerine Tango embossing powder and heat set.  It's quite a neat effect.  The embossing folder was cleaned with a baby wipe.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...