Friday, May 6, 2011

Thinking of You - Inkspiration Color Challenge #68 & SFF 506

Phew!  My heart rate is starting to settle down.  It's been quite a day - fighting to get my blog out of the hands of a highjacker.  I WON!!
It's a good thing the color challenge with Inkspirations had a pale palette here.  Strong colors would have done me in. The colors for this challenge:  Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and Whisper White.  I combined these colors with the sketch challenge with Sketch Frenzy Friday here




Stamps:  On the Grow
Inks: Bashful blue, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Markers (Pretty in Pink, Bashful blue, Certainly Celery), White gel pen
Papers: Certainly Cellery, Whisper White, Bashful blue, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Square Lattice embossing folder, Two Step bird punch, small oval punch, 1 3/4 X 7/8" oval punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 2 1/2" circle punch, Butterfly Punch, Vintage brad, glue dots, Photo corner Punch, Designer Label Punch, Small Heart Punch, Dimensionals. 5/8" Whisper white organza ribbon (colored with Pretty in Pink marker and gathered), Texturz Plate 1 (background)
Pansies: I punched 2 butterflies per pansy using Whisper white card stock.  I colored then with the appropriate colored markers, spritzed them, crumpled them up while they were wet, and uncrumpled them and allowed to dry.
When dry, I joined 2 like colored ones in the middle with a brad.  The leaves and branches are from the 2 step bird punch - in Certainly Celery
Birds: I punched 2 birds using Bashful blue card stock.  The wings were punched using Whisper white - I then embossed them with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  After sponging the body and wings with Bashful Blue, I attached the wing to the body with a dimensional.  I sponged a bit of Pretty in Pink just under the throat of each bird.
Bird House: The main part of the birdhouse was punched with the Designer Label Punch in Certainly Celery.  The roof is the Large Photo Corner punch using Pretty in Pink - the opening into the house the amall heart punch.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...