Friday, April 15, 2011

Sail Away - A Father's Day Card

This is a sneak peak from the new Occasions Mini.  It features both the Sail Away and The Open Sea stamp set.  The background paper I made myself.

 Stamps: Sail Away, The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny wishes
Inks:  The:background paper was stamped with Pacific Point and Real Red using stamps from the Open Sea stamp set.  The focal image was stamped with Black Stazon ink and colored with Watercolor crayons and the Aqua brush.
Papers Pacific Point, Whisper White
Accessories: After stamping images from The Open Sea on whisper white Card Stock, I punched out certain areas with a 1 1/4" square punch.  The was matted with Pacific Point card stock punched with a 1 1/2" square punch. I used the Texturz Plate and the Big Shot to texturize the Whisper White Layer.
The focal image was stamped onto a Whisper White circle punched with a 2 1/2" circle punch.  The circle was distressed by tearing, and then inking with Pacific Point. The matting circle is Pacific Point, which was also distressed.
On one side I inserted eyelets through which I wound hemp twin tied into a sailor's knot.
Sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point and punched with Word Window Punch and layered with a Modern Label punchie.

1 comment:

Father's day said...

Nice card! I like the fading effect, it gives it a cool touch. The rope is neat too! Thanks for sharing!