Monday, April 4, 2011

Mother's Day Card - Challenge 115 & TSSC 168

I used the Technostamper Sketch Challenge here to make a mother's day card for Challenge 115.
Mother's Day is always a sad day for me as my own mother is gone now, and I still miss  her very much.  She died one day after my birthday, then my dad died 2 months later.  All these memories re-emerge on Mother's Day and Father's Day.  It doesn't seem to matter how old you are when you lose your parents - it always hits you hard.
Nevertheless I celebrate Mother's Day as I am a mother myself, and my daughter is a mother, and I just heard last night, that I'm going to be a Mother-in-law again.  My son got engaged on the weekend, and his fiance has asked me to help plan the wedding.
Enough rambling.
Below is the sketch challenge
 

















Here is my card:

Stamp: Messages for Mom
Ink: Rose Red, Baja Breeze
Papers: Rose Red, Whisper White, Vintage spring DP, Old Olive, Baha Breeze
Accessories: Elegant Lines embossing folder, Fun Flowers die, Blossoms Petal Punch, Boho Blossom Punch, Crystal Effects, Red Glitter, Dazzling diamonds, Rhinestones

The Rose was made using the small flower on the Fun Flower die.  The white and blue flower was made using the Blossoms Petal Punch.  The leaves were hand cut.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Aww, I am so sorry, how hard that must have been to loose both parents so close together. Hugs to you! You card is stunning. I love those beautiful flowers and the sentiment cut up for the three rectangles. Super job. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

A beautiful card! I love how you used the Designer Paper...so pretty layered like that. And your flowers.. gorgeous!